Tuesday, January 31, 2017

On the edge



I can feel it... It is like living on the edge, and for me, I feel even more on the edge...edgy...edged? I don't know how to explain it other than I feel like I'm 12 and my parents have woken me up and told me we are going to Harry Potter world. They have loaded up the car and a half hour into the drive they yell: "Just Kidding!" And turned around laughing the whole drive home.

I feel this way because I have set a resolution to be in remission by the end of this year. I have lots of mini-goals to help me get to that point at the end of the year. I want this so bad. I have felt since about October that there has been a turning point in fighting Lyme, in which I am coiming out on top most of the time now. This is a big change from just 6 or 7 months ago. I have modern and natual medicines both working on my side, I have more energy to work out and be fit again. I have a better focus on keeping my diet healthy and strict, and because of that, I have thrown out the window all my cheat days. I used to justify cheat days a couple times a month. I would be found saying "Diet starts Monday again..." on a Thursday! I have come to the realization that I am not going to beat this if I don't stick to everything I have learned over the past 3+ years.

However, I feel on edge for the reason of wanting this disease to be gone, and still dealing with set backs. Where the set backs are minor colmpared to a year ago, I find myself getting more frustrated, because I can feel myself so close to remission, but then I have a Lyme flare up and I feel dissappointment set in.

For example, this weekend I woke up not feeling well. I was struggling to focus, my brain fog was bad, and I had a lot of chronic pain in my body again. It persisted through Sunday, so I walked home from church early at the urge of my awesome roommate who was concerned for me. When got to my apartment I realized I had forgotten my key (thanks brain fog). However, my friend who lives 2 doors down always has her apartment open. So I texted her and asked if I could take a nap on her bed. I woke up about an hour and a half later with no recollection of where I was or how I had gotten in the bed I was in. I didn't remember walking home, being locked out and ending up in a random bed, I was disoriented and delirious, confused and scared. I still don't remember that, and what is even more concerning is I used to have episodes like this, but not for about two years!

I have been frustrated, concerned and stressed about it for the past two days. I keep telling myself I should be getting better, and I keep asking myself, why is this happening again? There is no answer to the question, expect for BECAUSE I HAVE LYME DISEASE. I need to remember that Lyme is so fickle, and remember that flare ups are good. I have been mega-herxing again (click here to read about herxhimer reactions), which I have to remind myself it is good. It means I am getting better. However, at the same time, I feel crappy. The pain, headache, and extreme fatigue is wearing on me.

I have to remember to keep an open mindset about it. I need to allow myself to be ok with feeling sick, because it means I'm getting better. Where I want more than anything to get into remission I have to remember that it is still going to be a process. It isn't a gradual strait line, it is a roller coast of healing, and where the roller coaster is traveling up, there are still ups and downs in that roller coaster. This is my challenge for the new year: be ok with my progress towards remission!

So for this, I am on the edge. I am almost to remission, or symptom free, but it's not there. It's just at a distance. It might sound silly but I can almost taste remission, and for that, I am edgy about being on edge.







1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anxiety Disorders, Back Pain, Crohn's Disease, Chronic renal failure, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease, back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia disease, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete