Monday, June 26, 2017

6 things I never thought I'd do since my diagnosis with Lyme

I have had Lyme for 3 and a half years now. I was diagnosed not quite 3 years ago. Since then, I have gone through and experienced so many different things. These are just a few of the things I have done, that I never thought I would have done, since my fight against Lyme.

1- Go gluten free


I used to tease my celiac cousin, relentlessly I might add, for not being able to eat pizza, and sandwiches and pasta. Pretty much all the good things in life. It is so karma for me now, to go gluten free to try and stop the inflammation in my system. I never, would have thought I would have made that diet change.

2- Get used to needles


I used to be the biggest needle-baby ever. I remember being 13 and hiding from my mama when she wanted me to get a flu shot, I would get super sweaty, my hands would get clammy, I was a weenie! However, the tables have completely turned. The first blood work I had done, before Iw as even diagnosed, cost me 27 vials of blood in one sitting.  I almost passed out, and I was definitely crying in the chair. Now, I actually watch the needle go in, I don't even break into a sweat. I get at least 8 vials of blood work done every 2-3 months when I go see my doctor, and last summer I used to do IV Chelations a couple times a week. Needles, amazingly don't bug me anymore.

3- Go to counseling


I never, in my wildest dreams would have thought I would go to a counselor for depression and anxiety. Almost 3 years ago I found myself in desperation for a counselor to help me deal with PTSD, depression, and the mental pain that I couldn't shake. I met with 2 different counselors for 2 years and I have to say, it was very hard for me to realize, I needed more help than the medical treatments.

4- Befriend the pharmacist


I go into the pharmacy, or my mama comes back from picking up a bunch of prescriptions and they are always asking how I'm doing. They know who I am, so when I walk in they already have the bags ready for me. You could say we are on first name basis too.

5- Start this blog


I think my old self would find this blog to be the most embarrassing thing that I do now. When people started telling me to start up this blog, I immediately shut down the idea. I didn't want to be the type of person to post my feelings onto the internet for everyone to see. That was NOT me. However, I needed more of an outlet to try and explain what I was feeling, and speaking the words wasn't working. So, I wrote, and I blogged. Blogging, even though I don't do it as often anymore, has helped me heal in so many ways that medicine, doctors and counselors could have done.

6- See a Naturopath


I used to think the "essential oils" stuff was a pyramid scheme mixed with some voodoo liquid junk to steal your money. Since getting Lyme, I have now realized that I can't beat it doing just prescriptions, or just doing natural herbs... I am currently on 1 prescription antibiotic, and 3 herbal antibiotics, I never thought I'd see the day when I did this sort of stuff. I also have done acupuncture and gone to saunas to detox, as well as done Ionic Foot baths.

All in all, you could say desperate times call for desperate measures, that is probably what I would say to my old self to try and explain why I have done these things that I never thought I would. However, I think there is more to it. I think that it is in the moments of desperation, I had to make changes I never thought I would make. Desperation, sickness, hardship, trying times, all those forces drive change, sometimes for the bad, but for me, I see more good than bad coming from the changes I have made because of Lyme Disease.


-The Lyme Warrior





1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anxiety Disorders, Back Pain, Crohn's Disease, Chronic renal failure, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease, back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia disease, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete